Monday, October 11, 2010

Who says you can't go trail riding at 38 weeks?!

With 2 weeks to go until baby Keegan was due, we went on our annual friend trip to Alpine. We stayed at Jason and Shila's cabin. It felt so good!! The summer is miserable enough in Phoenix...it is even worse when you are pregnant! I lived off of ice from QT. It felt great to get out of the heat and relax. The drive sucks simply because it is 4 1/2 hours but it was nice to spend the time with Kevin. We spent most of the drive thinking of names for the baby. After 9 hours of driving, we still didn't have one. We read what seemed like every baby name list we could find on the internet. While we were in Alpine, we went trail riding (I'm so mad we didn't get a picture of me), hit golf balls, sat around and talked, ate delicious food (Molly Butler was great!), and just enjoyed time with friends. Shila was nice enough to let me have the front seat of the Rhino...it's not as bumpy up there! I guess she didn't want me to go into labor! Thanks Shila! The first night we were there, I hadn't had anything to eat all day and we didn't get there until like 10 pm. Kevin and I both woke up in the middle of the night and were just laying there talking a little. He got up to go to the bathroom and then when he got back, I got up and went to the bathroom. After I went, I was looking around in the kitchen for something to eat. All I could find that was quick and easy was a honeybun and fruit snacks. Then next day, they were making fun of me because the fat girl is in the kitchen looking for food at 3 o'clock in the morning! I felt so stupid! I don't know how they heard me...I was super quiet!






No comments: