Friday, January 27, 2012

HO! HO! HO!

Can I just start by saying that I love Christmas! I love all the time we get to spend with family and the happiness that the season brings. This year I really tried to think about our Savior and his birth. I feel so blessed to know the truthfulness of the gospel and to have the Savior as part of my life. We thought it would be fun to teach Keegan about Santa. We taught her that he says HO! HO! HO! Every time she saw a santa doll, the real santa, a santa ornament, santa on pajamas, we asked her whwat Santa says, whatever! she would say HO HO HO! It was so cute!

Keegan was so much fun this year! She loves to be right in the middle of everything! This includes, wrapping presents! Thank goodness she has nice aunts that let her help :)




The weekend before Christmas, we have a party with the Morris family. Unfortunately, we were late for it because we had to take Keegan to the ER. Kevin, Keegan, and I all got really sick and it lasted over a week! Keegan was having a really hard time breathing and we were really worried about her ears. Being RSV season, we decided to take her in, just to be safe. Luckily, she did not have RSV but she did have an ear infection. The PA at the ER was so nice. His name was Spencer and he was so good with Keegan. She and Kevin both fell asleep while we were waiting for the results. Once Spencer came back in to let us know the RSV was negative, she woke up. I told her to tell him goodbye and thank you. With her sad little eyes, she looked up at him, blew him a kiss, and waved. It was adorable!! He was like, that is the cutest think ever!! We just love her!!




For Christmas Eve, we go to my grandparents on the Johnson side. We get a visit from Santa, eat delicious food, and exchange gifts. Keegan got a suit case, flash light, and bubbles! She loves all of them. Now, she loves to get in her suit case or ride on it, shine her flashlight (it looks like a bug...so cute!) in everyone's eyes, including her own, and points to her bubbles and blows all the time!! We always have such a great time, especially because we don't get to see that side of the family very often. Keegan was the only "little one" there and she sure soaked it in! She got all of the attention and played it up! Everything from folding her arms during the prayer while everyone watched to bustin' out her dance moves!











Next, we go to my parents house (Christmas Eve still) and open gifts there. I think Keegan liked everyone else's gifts more than her own! Kevin was happy with his new dirt bike helmet. His has been broken for a while and taken as much super glue as it can handle. My mom loved the new shoes we got her. Tori has been using my dad's snow gloves to go snowboarding so she was thrilled that we got her some that actually fit! It is so nice to see everyone love their gifts :)









Christmas morning, we go to the Bingham's. I'm not sure what happened to my camera but I did not get a single shot Christmas day! Keegan got a nice quiet book that my grandma made for her. It has been so nice to take it to church. We always get food storage from them as well. It's nice because I am not very good about doing year supply stuff so thanks to Grandma Bingham, we will have something if things get really bad!

After the Bingham's we went to Kevin's family. We were able to go to sacrament meeting with his entire family and hear the beautiful music and talks that were given. The kids always do a gift exchange and the adults do a white elephant with a $20 limit. It makes it fun to not know what you are going to end up with. Kevin's parents gave Keegan the perfect gift...a recliner, just her size! She loves it! She will watch TV or movies with us and just chill in it. She loves to ready and relax in her chair! It is so cute!!




We feel so blessed to have such amazing families and most of all, to have each other. I am so grateful for Kevin and Keegan in my life. I often wonder how I got so lucky to have them. They both bring me so much happiness and I cannot help but thank Heavenly Father for them everyday! I hope everyone had as merry of a Christmas as we did :)

No comments: